Monday, March 12, 2018

Meet Us (According to Liz)

Meet Elizabeth / Liz

- Artistic / Creative: I love drawing, painting, photography, sewing, making wreaths / jewelry, cutting out paper snowflakes, and doing basically anything crafty!

- Home Chef: While I have yet to master baking, I am a good cook. I love playing with seasonings and trying out new recipes. In our six years of marriage, I have only had two or three meals not turn out.

- Family Oriented:  I am the second oldest of nine children, so I was always the "Second Mom" growing up. I got my degree in Family Studies . I have always loved kids and can't wait to be a mom!

- Animal Lover: I grew up with animals (cats, dogs, a rabbit, hermit crab, fish, etc.) and am definitely the reason that we own two cats and have bird & hummingbird feeders in the backyard.

- Bookworm: I love visiting the library and bookstore! While Fairy Tales, Fantasy, and Fiction are a few of my favorites, I enjoy almost every type of genre. Some of my favorite authors are Marissa Meyer, Brandon Sanderson, and Gail Carson Levine. I love the books "To Kill a Mockingbird", "Tuesdays with Morrie", "Pride and Prejudice". For book series, I love Harry Potter, The Lunar Chronicles, Percy Jackson, and The Ranger's Apprentice.

- Outdoorsy: I love camping, hiking, sledding, being at the beach, fishing, tubing down a river / creek, spelunking, boating, going swimming, and playing at the park. I had a snowmobiling license when I was 14, and really just love being in nature. I hope to travel quite a bit with our family.

- My favorite part of camping is being out underneath all of the stars and feeling totally awestruck by how gorgeous the world around me is. I love the excited spark of curiosity I feel when I am exploring a new hiking trail or a place that I have never been before. I love the smells, as well - like rain falling on pine trees, or a campfire burning. I love listening to the birds singing or the crickets chirping, or hearing the pattering of light rain.

- I love going back and visiting the Oregon Coast. I was born in Oregon, and every summer we would go to the beach. Occasionally I get homesick for the sounds of the crashing waves, the feel of the sand between my toes as I race along the seashore, building sandcastles, and the excitement of searching for sea shells. I loved going fishing with my Grampa, and the rush of adrenaline from being pulled on a tube behind his boat.

MISC:

- 5 Favorite Movies: Zootopia, Big Hero 6, Moana, The Emperor's New Groove, & Wonder Woman

- 5 Favorite Board Games: Codenames, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Dead of Winter, Quiddler, and Clank!



Meet Andrew

- Bookaholic: Some of his favorite authors are David Weber, Brandon Sanderson, C.S. Lewis, and J.R.R. Tolkien. His favorite genres are Science Fiction and Fantasy. He completely gets lost in the books he is reading: one time, I managed to take off both his shoes and socks while he was reading without him noticing at all.

- Computer Techie: Andrew is the one family turns to and depends on for technical support. He got his Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science at UVU and currently works as a Software Engineer at Family Search.

- Superhero Nerd: Almost anything you might want to know about a superhero (DC or Marvel), Andrew knows. His favorite superheroes are Batman and Captain America, and he loves debating about who would beat whom if you pitted different heroes against each other.

- Frisbee Expert. Frisbee golf is one of Andrew's favorite outdoor activities, and he knows several "trickshot" moves with a frisbee. His family really enjoys playing "Ultimate Frisbee" - these, as well as dancing ballroom, are as "sporty" as Andrew gets.

- Service Oriented: Whenever anyone needs help, Andrew's one of the first people there, whether that's helping with someone moving in or out of the neighborhood or one of his family members needs someone to listen and offer advice (he's really good at that). He's extremely dependable and very compassionate.

- Outdoorsy: Andrew really enjoys camping, hiking, going on bike rides, spelunking, playing frisbee, playing at the park, and being up in the mountains. Despite his love of nature, amusingly, he really dislikes getting dirty. His favorite part of camping is watching the campfire flames flickering as they slowly die down, as well as staring up at the starry night sky. During this time he is usually very quiet and reflective.

- Andrew served a full-time mission in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. He still really enjoys telling stories from this experience and we are looking forward to going there together someday so he can show me some of his favorite sites and introduce me to some of the people he met there.

- Andrew is the second out of seven children in his family (five boys followed by two girls).

MISC:

- 5 Favorite Movies: The Incredibles, How to Train Your Dragon, Beauty and the Beast, Captain America: The First Avenger, and Pride and Prejudice (the 6 hour long version)

- 5 Favorite Board Games: Settlers of Catan, Roll for the Galaxy, Dead of Winter, Mystic Vale, and Betrayal at Baldur's Gate



Meet Us



Andrew and I met at a young single adult dance that we were both "crashing". When Andrew realized that I knew some ballroom, he decided he had to ask me to dance the foxtrot with him. I was totally swept away! We ended up dancing the rest of the night together and hit it off really well.  We got married seven months later in December 2011.

For the first three years of our marriage, we were both students at UVU. We both graduated with Magna Cum Laude honors with our Bachelor Degrees in May 2015. We bought our townhome in Pleasant Grove, Utah and got our two cats, Ayah and Meg, later that same month. 

We love going on bike rides, camping, dancing together, hiking, having tickle/pillow fights, thumb wars, and being silly with each other. Over the course of our marriage, we have also found that we both absolutely love playing board games! We own over 150 board games (and counting) and love having game nights with our friends, family, and even just with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment